Thursday, August 20, 2015

I'm Joining The U.S. Air Force


A couple months ago I made the decision to join the Air Force, and ever since I have been preparing myself physically (this out-of-shape body would never survive BMT). This is not a decision I made lightly and I did put a lot of though into it, and it's something I just really want to do. 


Whenever I tell someone that I am going to join the Air Force I mostly get similar responses, like "that's so unexpected," "where did that come from," or "I never knew you would want to do something like that." My answer to them is simple: There are things about me that you will never know. For as long as I can remember, I always knew I never wanted to live an ordinary life, that I wanted to do something that no one would ever expect me to do. I know that being an american soldier is who I am, and who I'm supposed to be. 

Though there are those people out there that are questioning my decision, there are also the ones that are supportive. I have realized how amazing my family and friends are for not questioning me and believing that I can do this. 

I finally feel like I am doing something with my life that I can finally be proud of. I get to serve my country and defend my nation's freedom. I get to give back to the people that have given me so much, my future fellow soldiers. 

Fly, fight, and win. 


No comments:

Post a Comment